Serving a baked pasta dish to your family doesn’t have to mean you’re serving lasagna. This delicious pasta recipe proves this. It may not feature sheets of layered noodles, but that hardly matters. What does is that your family will be immensely satisfied when they dig into this taste treat.
Calories: 351 Fat: 12 g, Cholesterol: 42 mg, Sodium: 633 mg, Carbohydrate: 39 g, Sugar: 7 g, Fiber: 3 g, Protein: 22 g
- 1 16-oz. package mastaccioli pasta
- 1 ½ pounds ground beef
- 1 ¼ cups chopped green pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 10 ¾-oz. can condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 26 oz. jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 ½ teaspoons Italian seasoning
- ¾ teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cook the mostaccioli according the package directions. Meanwhile, cook the beef, the green pepper, and the onion in a large skillet over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink. Drain. Stir in the soup, the spaghettis sauce, the Italians seasoning, and the pepper.
- Drain the mostaccioli, and then add it along with 1 ½ cups of cheese to the beef mix. Transfer to two greased 11×7-in. baking dishes. Sprinkle with the rest of the cheese.
- Cover and bake for 20 minutes. Uncover, bake 5 to 10 minutes longer or until bubbly and the cheese is melted.
This dish can be frozen, unbaked, for up to 3 months. When you’re ready to cook it, transfer from your freezer to your refrigerator to let it thaw overnight. Remove from the fridge 30 minutes before baking. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Bake, covered, for 50 to 60 minutes or until an inserted thermometer reads 165 degrees Fahrenheit.